OHM will strive to uphold the culture and values of Hindu Sanathana Dharma by providing opportunities for regular assembly and education through Satsang, social meetings for all ages and organizing charitable fund raising events to help the needy for their education
Establish a viable and self sustaining Center for holding its cultural activities to accomplish OHM mission
IF I DON’T DONATE, WHO WILL? IF NOT NOW, WHEN? IF NOT HERE, WHERE?
Cultural Center Executive Committee
Dear OHM Members and well-wishers
The OHM Board and the Cultural Center Committee happily announces that we bought a Home for OHM @ 9461 Flower St, Bellflower, CA – 90706. We thank each and every one of you for your ardent support and commitment for this project.
Home for OHM – February Update
Cultural Center Progress Report
While a number of things did happen with respect to the Cultural Center, most of the items were staging activities for next steps(s).
Contacted Sunalini Hegde (Architectural Engineer and member of OHM) who in turn brought Dharsan Shah to the facility. Both Sunalini and Darshan made their evaluations and later sent a contractor (Kay Jeon) twice to identify the current trusses and support beams. She has submitted the report and Sunalini has presented options to OHM.
In the meantime, Sunalini, Baburaj, Ravi V and myself went to Bellflower City Hall and gathered the following information.
1. Drawings of the building as available with the city.
2. City has confirmed that we can continue to lease whole or part of the building as a medical/Chiropractor/Dental Office without rezoning.
3. We have 6 months from the purchase of the property to lease it out so as not to lose the zoning, Baburaj is working on to get this done. (Baburaj just came back from India).
4. OHM is utilizing the building as is for Poojas, Malayalam Classes etc. Still the utilization is low.
5. All options presented by Sunalini are attached herewith. However, she recommends the option 2 or 3. Option 2 requires $150 K -$170 K and is the best. Whereas as option 3 would need $70-95K. Option 2 is recommended as the best.
Moving forward 2018 and beyond
1. Separate up to 1400 sq. feet in the front and lease to a medical related office to bring income and to use the current zoning. Baburaj, Vinod, Ravi V., Kay, PI
2. Utilize the facilities as much as possible for Pooja’s, Malayalam classes, Dance classes, Yoga Classes (Brinda Hari has volunteered to conduct biweekly yoga classes starting in March) etc.
3.Routine Maintenance: Hari Kumar and team goes to the location once a week and make sure the property is clean and maintained.
4. Fund raising based on Option 2:
Board has approved to pursue Option 2 in phases. Fund raising plans are in progress.
We have a Home for OHM. We need to make it a true home. We can use all the help, support and want people and volunteers to make things happen.
Latest development as of 3rd week of January.
Had a site meeting with a potential contractor.
Aggressively looking for tenants for the front space
Requests have been made to Sunalini for preparing structural drawings to present to the city.
Tentative drawings of internal plans have been prepared and being reviewed
Have a great day.
On Behalf of the OHM Board
Paid (Only deposited)
Check / Online
|Original OHM Fund Transferred||$69,000.00||$67,000.00|
|Balan Panicker & Hema||$5,000.00||$5,000.00|
|Bijili & Nagarajan||$5,000.00||$5,000.00||3284|
|Bindu Suresh & Babu Suresh||$5,000.00||$2,000.00||2212|
|Binny Asarikuniyil & Lena Malayil||$5,005.00||$5,005.00||130|
|Bindu & Sunil Raveendran||$500.00||$500.00|
|Brinda & KP Hari||$10,000.00||$10,000.00|
|Chandra Mohan & Lakshmi||$1,000.00||$1,000.00||5616|
|Dr Achu and Radha Menon||$10,000.00||$10,000.00||2018|
|Girija & Venuprabhakar||$101.00||$101.00||9350|
|Govindan Kutti Nair||$5,001.00||$5,001.00|
|Jaydeep Menon & Rekha||$5,000.00||$5,000.00||178|
|Jayakrishnan & Sunalini||$5,000.00||$2000.00|
|Johny & Saital||$2,000.00||$2,000.00|
|Lakshmi & narayanan||$5,000.00||$5,000.00||5160|
|Lakshmi & Sajeev||$5,00.00||$5,00.00|
|Meena Chandra Mohan||$1,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Mohan & Rajeeananda||$10,000.00||$10,000.00|
|Mohana & Suresh Nair||$10,000.00||$5,000.00|
|Nirmala and Krishna Menon||$5,000.00|
|OHM CD Account||$15,000.00||$15,000.00|
|Patel (AV Hotels)||$5,00.00|
|Pat Iyer & Dr. Usha Iyer||$20,000.00||$10,000.00|
|Prasad & Sandhya||$2500.00||$1000.00|
|Ramprasad & Gowri||$1,000.00|
|Dr. Ravi Raghavan & Girija||$2000.00|
|Savitha & Raghu||$2001.00||$2001.00|
|Sanjaye & Smitha||$5,000.00||$5,000.00||412|
|Sujeeth & Renu||$5,000.00||$1,400.00||9350|
|Shaji Krishnan & Jayasree||$2,000.00||$2,000.00||9350|
|Dr. Sharmila and Shyam Kishan||$7,501.00||$7,501.00||Paypal|
|Sunitha & Jiju||$5,000.00||$5,000.00||1401|
|Athira & Suresh Enchoor||$1,000.00||$1,000.00|
|Suresh Kariyadan & Sindhu||$5,000.00||$5,000.00|
|Venugopal & Pushpa||$5,000.00||$5,000.00||10382|
|Vidhu Bala & Ajith||$5,000.00|
|Vinodh Bahuleyan & Viji||$10,500.00||$7,500.00||1008|
|Visesh Mohan & Smitha||$2,500.00||300|
|Balance in CC including CD||$52,405.00|